In a world of DIY, YouTube tutorials, and frugality, you might be tempted to pressure wash your home yourself. Before you decide to do this, make sure you consider the major reasons why choosing a professional is a sensible choice.
- They have industry-standard equipment, and they maintain it.Commercial pressure washing equipment features higher capacities and greater pressure, performing better than consumer models. Because it is used daily by pressure washing professionals, its performance must be closely monitored.
Contrast this to pressure washing equipment in your home, which you will only use every so often, making it difficult to intercept problems. Newer models with improved function and increased efficiency will be released, but you will be locked in to the now-outdated equipment you already have.
- They know which products to use and how to use them.No two cleaning jobs are identical. The type and extent of dirt build-up will vary. The properties of the surface being cleaned—how porous it is, the amount of sunlight it gets, its proximity to sources of pollen or water, and so on—need to be considered. Knowing which products to use to wash different surfaces can make all the difference in pressure washing, both for the actual cleaning itself as well has having the results last.
A professional pressure washer will also know the correct settings, such as pressure and temperature, to use in conjunction with the products. They will also be able to ensure optimal clean-up, so they don’t leave a mess behind that could create additional issues.
- They are trained, licensed, and insured.Having independent third parties validate that someone is knowledgeable and experienced in what they do should give you some peace of mind. It means they have handled difficult situations and surprises before and are equipped to do a better job than you could, giving you more than your money’s worth. They also know how to avoid a negative environmental impact.
When they’re insured, this means that someone is willing to put money behind their experience. This also protects both the professional and you in case something comes up.
- They have the knowledge to tackle any difficult challenge and foresee potential issues.If something goes wrong with the equipment or the pressure wash, or if you discover a potential problem—dirt, difficult to reach spots, mold, or some other issues—how will you know how to fix it? More importantly, how will you fix it fast and know that you did it well, while also making sure you don’t worsen the issue?
- You are free to use this time for other things.Don’t you already have a ton of to-dos? You could even schedule a power wash to occur while you and your family are away from home, making it easier for the job to get done without such risks as flooding from a door or window that is accidentally opened during the wash.
Hiring a professional pressure washer ensures that the job gets done quickly, safely, and thoroughly, with positive results that last.